WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Technical, Shop Talk and Internet Links  Hop To Forums  Watch Repair Questions and Answers    Need help with replacement Quartz movement for older Hamilton Quartz.
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need help with replacement Quartz movement for older Hamilton Quartz. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of William Chappell
posted
Seiko has an excellent movement record and replacements are easily ordered without measuring and specifying all movement characteristics. But do the other manufacturers have such a record? I was given a beautiful old Hamilton 742 quartz watch for repair. Unfortunately it went swimming and is now rusted and does not run. It has six jewels, marked "Swiss", "963121" and "D8 81". It also has trade marks for Ebauches S.A. and Fabrique d'Horlogerie de Fontainmelon (based on my 1969 Ebauches book). Who made the movement? And without pulling the movement and measuring everything, how can I determine if a replacement quartz movement is currently available?

Bill

Posts: 30 | Location: Mountain Top, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: November 20, 2005
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
William try cas-ker.co. in CINCINNATI 1-800-487-0408..I just put in a quartz movement in a 218 bulova they had everthing i needed...

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004