Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

hairspring "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
I am in need of a hairspring for a Hamilton grade 974 movement. Can anyone tell me a good source to purchase one from.Thank's for any help.

Frank

Frank Juchniewicz

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Frank,

Have you tried 'dashto.com'? Tom Mister has a lot used and NOS parts. His site has a search engine to help find what you are looking or you can email him. Also try Uncle Larrys in Canada.

John D. Duvall
NAWCC Member 144772
NAWCC IHC Happy Camper 192
Chapter 185 Watch Repair Moderator

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
Thank's John,I WILL TRY THE SITES YOU MENTIONED. tHE LITTLE FELLOWS ARE HARD TO COME BY. aRE THERE ANY OTHER SPRINGS THAT WOULD INTERCHANGE WITH THAT ONE,THAT YOU MIGHT KNOW OF.

fRANK

Frank Juchniewicz

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
From what I can see in Swiggart, The 974 needs the following combination in a complete Hairspring:

Hairspring: #386
HS Stud: #607
HS Collet: #76

*note* these are Hamilton Factory Numbers

Most of the 16 Size Grades used this combination EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING Grades which used a different combination:

992E, 950E, 950B, 992B

Mike Miller

Posts: 539 | Location: Central Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Thanks for the information Mike. I wish Swiggart was still in buisness,life would be alot simpler.

Frank

Frank Juchniewicz

posted
I posted to "uncle larry's"and received a reply that he does have the hairspring I'm after. Thank's for the help guys.

Frank

Frank Juchniewicz