• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Cataloging watch parts "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi everyone. While starting my new adventure in watch repair, I find myself adding more and more parts to my inventory. Is there a standard system to cataloging all these small parts? I'm thinking this is a common problem for many business owners. Right now I'm having to order new parts from my distributor and am not utilizing the parts I have on hand and where they are when I need them.
Thank you for all your help.

Posts: 38 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada in the USA | Registered: November 27, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Hi, I make my inventory/catalogs & other repair charts, etc using Microsoft Excel. Al tho it is called a Spread Sheet it makes a good data base and you can have only the items and lists that you want too. It will add up your expenses and figure your budget in the same chart and you can have Many charts/pages per book. Open office.org also has a spreadsheet similar to Microsoft's.
Pat.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
posted
Thanks Pat. I will try that.
Peter

Posts: 38 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada in the USA | Registered: November 27, 2010