Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

my mainspring woes are over. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
I finally got a spring,that with a little modifications,now works perfectly in my Burlington Special.

Thanks Aaron for the advice on installing the spring,and thanks Steve for your part numbers...they worked.

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
posted
That is good news Stephen, always glad to hear when someone,s watch woes are less.
Do you get your watch material locally?
Just curious, keep up the good work Stephen.

posted
No Kevin...from the USA I may have used a company you suggested as a matter of fact....with Steve's PN's

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
posted
I buy from the U.S sometimes, i thought maybe in Vancouver there might be a parts or materials place.I like Tom at Dashto he is very quick to ship and good prices.

posted
This is going way back...this was my first successful watch repair...dial and mainspring.

watch

posted
Stephen is this your 19 jewel Illinois Burlington?
Very nice watch and it looks good with the moving balance wheel.Nice finger bridges. Smile Razz

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Way to go Stephen!! Very nice watch. I've got to start collecting other than Elgin's. That's for sure!

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003