Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Proper Screwdriver Sharpening "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Here is a new tool I have bought recently, so impressed with it thought I would post it with a recommendation to anyone looking to upgrade there work. simple device for screw driver shaping & sharpener the problem is with traditional methods is that you end up with a wedge shaped tip, and the point of contact is at the top of the screw which can cause slight burring of the tops, this machine shapes the driver so that the tip is a true square entering the screw head. So far I have noticed a more positive feel to the driver and a improved fit, so much so I thought I would post here as a recommended tool.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Chris - Is it expensive?

Posts: 95 | Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida USA | Registered: January 16, 2006
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Not really given the value of the watches, they start about $240 for Horotec and Bergeon ones are towards $500. I paid about $275 for the Bergeon 10 screwdriver set. I expect that these tools will outlast me. Replacement Bergeon blades are cheap to buy, you could custom fit sets for particular high end watches.

posted
Thank you for the information.

Posts: 95 | Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida USA | Registered: January 16, 2006