Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What is it? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ronny Manis
posted
I recently purchased a work bench and all its contents. The pictures below are of a small switch type device I found in the bench. This electronic looking device seems out of place in the bench. So my question is, What is it?

Posts: 171 | Location: Cookeville, Tennessee USA | Registered: July 25, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ronny Manis
posted
The other side.

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That is a "Micro Switch". If you press the red button, it connects or disconnects a circuit from the center pin to one or the other end pins.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ronny Manis
posted
Any idea why it would be in a watch makers bench?

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
It may well be from a ultrasonic cleaner they have one of these to turn off the ultrasonic if a pot is lifted out of position, I bet it is the same type, next tiem I have to bottom off for cleaning will look

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Hi Ronny,

I'm no "sparkie" but isn't this a 240/250 volt AC switch? I'm just thinking it may overload your 110v US circuits. On the other hand, as I said, I'm no sparkie!

Posts: 57 | Location: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: January 27, 2008