• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Balance Staff ID "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have three watches that I need to buy balance staffs for: Hamilton 992E, Bunn Special 21j. motor barrel and a Bunn Special 21j. going barrel.

Can someone help out with the correct numbers? Also, is there an old catalog or something else that I should be looking for that would allow me in the future to find out on my own what I need?

Thank you,

Bruce

Posts: 55 | Location: Sun City, Arizona & Westfield, Massachusetts USA | Registered: February 06, 2003
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Hi Bruce

The Balance staffs for the Bunn Spl.'s according to my book is #47602.

The number for the 992e is #434(dbl. roller)
#435(single roller)
These are numbers I took out of a book titled "Illustrated Manual Of American Watch Movements". The staffs may be available at this web site: dashto.com
I hope that helps you out.

Frank

Frank Juchniewicz

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
Frank,

Thanks for your help.

If anyone has an extra copy of the book that Frank mentioned, "Illustrated Manual Of American Watch Movements", please contact me if you would be interested in selling it.

Bruce

Posts: 55 | Location: Sun City, Arizona & Westfield, Massachusetts USA | Registered: February 06, 2003
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
Hi Bruce

You can get a copy of the book at:http://www.ofrei.com
look under books,the cost is $15.00+s/h

Frank

Frank Juchniewicz

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
The copy I have shows a copyright of 1952 by the E.&J. Swigart Company, reprinted by S. L. Rose, Greensboro, NC under permission granted by E.&J. Swigart Company. LaRose may also have these in stock.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Thanks guys,

Bruce