• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Question about the Bergeon 30638-3 Wheel Puller "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just picked up a nice little Bergeon 30638-3 Presto tool for $15. I thought the numbers in the ad read 30636 and assumed it was a hand puller. It arrived today and has the blue handle and the numbers actually read 30638. When I google the number it comes up as a wheel puller; however when I look at the Bergeon site each of the pullers, whether advertised as a wheel puller or otherwise, are also described as hand pullers as well, including the 30638.

Bottom line - is the 30638 ok to use as a hand puller?

Thanks

Posts: 570 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: April 13, 2015
IHC Member 2030
posted
Not an expert, but this catalog may help: Bergeon Watch Hand Removers and Hand Setting Tools

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
posted
Thanks, Mike. That's the site I looked at that confused me a little bit. The puller I bought is the:

" . . .
Bergeon #3 Presto Wheel Remover Blue Handle

For removing wheels on third wheel arbors and for chronograph driving wheels with five spokes. Hands, cannon pinions, sweep wheels and chronograph driving wheel remover. Bergeon reference #30638-3. . ."

It's listed as a wheel remover, but in the body of the description, if I'm reading it correctly, it can also be used for multiple other purposes including as a hand remover?

Bergeon 30638-3 Puller

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
yes you can use to remove hands as well just use dial protector Bergeon 6938

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Thanks, Peter. Ordered the protector when I bought the puller. Should be here this week. I appreciate the info.