Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin 12s Mainspring Part # needed "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Last night I was winding this Elgin Ser. No. 29634275, and broke the mainspring while winding. I can't seem to find any reference identifying this watch as a 12s by the serial number, and more than that can't find out which grade it is. Is this information only available in an Elgin reference book?

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Second picture

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 456
posted
Hi Dave, it's a 12s Model 3, grade 315 and the mainspring should be an Elgin No. 2339
Mike

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Dave, go here Pocket Watch Database.... it will give you all the data regarding your watch....

It will not give you any part numbers, however....

Good Luck,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Mike, Jerry
Really appreciate the help.
Dave

Dave Turner

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Dave, if you still need the mainspring I would suggest that you send Brian C., one of our members, an email and ask him if he has one....

You can reach him at pwpartsetc@webtv.net [not valid-see correct address within Brian C.'s post]

Good Luck,

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Jerry, I'll do that. I've found some on ebay, but was holding off in hopes of buying from list members if possible.
Dave

Dave Turner

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Jerry, thanks for the plug. My e-mail has changed though.
Dave, e-mail me, I should have your mainspring. Make sure you put something watch related, in the subject matter.
Thanks, Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002