Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Staking Set Question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
I am wondering about the attachment to the staking tool in this set. I presume it is for jeweling as the seller states. A little help here please. Thanks.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Gary, The set you referred to is (interesting Roll Eyes) lacking the special stakes and stumps for Balance staff replacement, which is one of the most common tasks these help with. BUT, it had a Stake Frame with a micrometer style stop for jeweling. While this set is not really a Jeweling set, I suspect it was used that way by a watchmaker who already had a fully equipped set. My "#2 set" (I use it at home) pictured is what you should be looking for, with or without a box.

Also, I have a K&D published Book on how to use a staking set that I could be persuaded to scan for a small fee (whatever business partner Cherie needs to do it.)

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
quote:
Also, I have a K&D published Book on how to use a staking set that I could be persuaded to scan for a small fee (whatever business partner Cherie needs to do it.

David, Would this offer still hold? It's about 4 years later now!
Thanks,

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1342
posted
Hi, I would second this request if it would make it worth your time to do.
-Dave T., I have a copy of a K&D pamphlet "K&D staking tools and how to use them" it actually is an advertising pamphlet, but it does have some explanations of what some of the staking tools are for. It is 46 pages. I could see if my boss would let me scan it to a PDF and send it to you. (?)
Let me know if you could use that for now.

Marc Micale

Posts: 143 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: September 16, 2009
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Dave and Marc,
I just sent you the K&D PDF no charge. All I ask is to try to help fellow members whenever possible.
RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Richard,
Thank you!!

I really do appreciate this. I'm just beginning to see the need for this tool as I read through the posts. But, since I've just started learning about watch repair, I don't have a clue yet about how to proceed.
This will help a lot.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1342
posted
Yes, that was the one. Thank you! Smile

Marc Micale

Posts: 143 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: September 16, 2009
IHC Member 1650
posted
Richard

I can't seem to find the K&D manual anywhere.

I'd certainly be willing to pay you for your trouble for a copy of that pdf.

Posts: 373 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 17, 2011