WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What do you think of these Loupe's? Answered, Thanks. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...trksid=p5197.c0.m619. It IS made by BERGEON.
Patrick. 1616

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Never used one, BUT... A 2-lens Behr, made in USA, is $43 from the factory. I have two and like them.

Regards,
Bob

Posts: 218 | Location: Oak Harbor, Washington in the USA | Registered: May 21, 2009
posted
Patrick-

If you're wanting a cheap, but still good alternative, this is a trick my dad has used for years. Take a manifyer you like the magnification on and literally glue an old, broken mainspring to it. Make sure to use a strong spring, typically, an 18s. Like I said, a broken mainspring works fine for this if it is long engouh.

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
The spring ends up just wrapping around your head and holding it in place. and walla! hands free magnifyer for little or nothing.

posted
Here is a shot of the spring where it is glued to the magnifying lense. and if it breaks, glue another one on!

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
I use the same set up as Jared, only on mine instead of gluing it I drilled a hole through the spring and the loupe and riveted it with a copper dial foot.

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Bausch and Lomb USA made high quality available in several different sizes,powers , and in 1 or 2 lens versions,I love them Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Thanks for all your replies. I wear glasses and realize that I could just decrease the power of the loupe to compensate for the specs and I use all that are suggested here at different times and even a headband magnifier. My eyes seem to create less tension if I use a flip down loupe for both,. I have a tendency to squint if using just one eye. but if the loupe is on my eye wear it's not bad at all. The loupe I posted is made by Bergeon with several different attachable powers and is around 65.00 depending on where you shop. I just thought maybe some one had one and could inform me as to their evaluation of it. I just found a solution. It's a clip on with both right and left eye magnifiers that come in 2,3,4 power. With my 150 cheaters and a 4 power lens it makes a 5.5 unit and works great. They set real low on the glasses so it is more like using a bi-focal. To see clearly just look up, to get the magnification look down. They pop up to get them out of the way and are very well made. Altho mfg in China they are Not Chinese junk. They are great and are called Magni Clips. I bought a 3 and a 4 power. $15.00 ea.
Thanks all for your replies and kind words.
Patrick. 1616

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011