Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham 12size 7j "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
found this movement, but its missing the bearing (do not know the correct name, but its not a jewel). Can these be replaced? What is the correct name for them? The s/n is 11704086, model 94, grade no. 210, O.F. Thanks for any information.

Waltham

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
The same 12Size Waltham, and it appears that the mainspring catch is broken off of the mainwheel. Does anyone know if they are one piece, or is it just not assembled correctly? Just do not like to see a watch that is not working.
Thanks

Waltham 12size

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
I only have the one Waltham 12s, so cannot compare with another - any suggestions? And would anyone have the correct part number for a replacment?

Waltham

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
This watch looks like it has already suffered some practice and abuse, but may prove to be good watch to learn on. The grade 210 is a 7-jewel model, but it looks as if someone has attempted to up-jewel it. (By the way, a replaceable non-jeweled bearing would be a bushing). The third wheel bearing could be bushed or jeweled at this point, depending on your preference.

The mainwheel (the geared part of the mainspring assembly) has been broken -- the hub, although removable, is not supposed to come off like this. The replacement part (mainwheel with hub) is #8096.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
Jerry T
Thanks for the information, now my question would be "What material is a bushing made from?". Would it be brass, steel, or some other type.
Yes this watch has suffered badly, but "I have never met a watch that I did not like", so if possible I am going to get it running, if not, its a great learning/photo shooting movement. Thanks