• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bulova 11 ANACD Oil Chart? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
New to watch repair hobby! I have my grandfather's old Bulova apart and cleaned- ready to re-assemble. Does anyone know of any oiling charts for Bulova automatic movements? I have been searching on Google with little success. Moebius 8000 everywhere is my default option I guess. Thanks. Marc

Posts: 6 | Location: Austin, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 11, 2012
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
I am sure there are charts/service booklets when new, being a standard type movement would just follow normal oiling, your 8000 will work use sparingly, not the best options but without listing a series of oils that would run $100+ your 8000 should get you started if you have any KT22 is a cheap grease for the setting and barrel.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Thanks Chris
I am taking part 2 of http://www.timezonewatchschool.com
course about oiling. So before I work on my ETA 2836-2 I figured I would work on this. I guess I could use the same general oil layout as taught there for the ETA.

I have the following collection of oils:
Moebius 9010, 8141 and 8000
Novastar R,B and Grease
some KT-22

I am just learning how to apply- should be fun.

Marc

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Use the 9010 for most, and your grease for setting, 8141 in upper train, make sure you use the oil cups so as not to contaminate the main bottle which should last a very long time (shelf life 6 yrs)
Be careful on Timezone the moderators lack basic common sense, I registered a long time ago, lost my log on details so re-registered and was immediately banned for life for using two logons on the same IP something in the rules no one reads!..

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Sorry to hear about your experience. That sounds so [ridiculous] it is beyond belief. Thanks so much for your help. I will let you know how it goes!