• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Revue G.T. Pocket Watch Repair Help "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
First thanks to all who ask questions and especially to those who respond, the knowledge that is shared here is incredible.

I have a friend’s Revue G.T. pocket watch that I am trying to repair/restore for him.

This is what I have done to the watch so far:
-replaced 4th wheel (found a Revue G.T. parts watch at a flea market)
-replaced roller jewel
-replaced bow
-replaced crystal
-cleaned and oiled
-some dial work with help of watch’s owner
-polished case

In my excitement in getting this watch working I gave it back to the owner before I had tested it in all positions, so he gave it back to me after a day-when it stopped. So now I am having trouble keeping it running more than an hour in any position-balance appears to move slow-hairspring is bent.

What I would like to do is replace mainspring & hairspring, but I could use some direction on where to look for these items, since I cannot locate info regarding this watch.

Here are some photos(3 before & 1 after) and if I need to take some others to help with diagnosis, I will be glad to do that as well.

I appreciate your help in advance and please let me know if I need to post further info.

Thanks,
Tony Morris

Revue G.T.

Posts: 27 | Location: Lakeland, Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Tony thanks for the before pictures, you reall y Smilehave done a good repair job on this watch.Just out of curiousity is this watch scarce, have not seen this name before.