Revue G.T. Pocket Watch Repair Help "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
After

Revue G.T. after

Posts: 27 | Location: Lakeland, Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Great job Tony! I see you don't mind tackling the real tuff ones. Wink I haven't heard of this brand and guessing that it's Swiss?

I would search eBay each week for another parts movement until one is found with a good hairspring. If you attempt to straighten this one, it would be a good idea to remove it from the balance and install it on the balance cock while truing it. Before installing it on the balance, make sure the collet is centered over the upper balance jewel hole on the balance cock. I'm still looking for some good tweezers for hairspring work. Do you have any of Fried's watch repair books?

For the mainspring, you will have to remove, measure and go from there. If you can find one of similar width, thickness and length, it can always be reworked to fit.

Everyone else, please add to my meager help so Tony can get this watch back to his friend.

Good luck Tony!!

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
I can only agree with John about looking on Ebay, hopefully something will turn up.
I would have liked to see what this one looked like before it was worked on.
Great job and keep up the good work Tony.

posted
I have located a supplier in UK that sells original parts for this watch.

A balance complete will run about 70 euro, which I think is about $80. I wanted to get
some opinions as to whether this would be considered an expensive price for this or would this
be in line with what this could probably run.

Basically the original balance staff was put in with shellac, the spare balance staff has a broken pivot and the work I have done with the hairspring is not producing consistent run.

Lindlle, I do have Fried’s book, which has been a great help.

Thanks again for the information shared on this board.

Tony

Posts: 27 | Location: Lakeland, Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004