Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

elgin 16s 2nd Wheel "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1247
posted
I am trying to restore an elgin LS 16s grade2 model 3: but it has a broken 2nd wheel,can I use a 2nd wheel from a later movement that is the same size or is there a subtle difference in the shaft for the canon pinion that would make this not work??Or Should I just order one from Uncle Larrys,{I am a beginner with PW's}

Posts: 97 | Location: Virginia in the USA | Registered: May 10, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Mark

I am not an expert on parts, but looking in an old Elgin book I have it says your being a grade 2 model 3 16s, it should be a class 25. The entire wheel for yours is listed as part # 1094.

According to the book only a few other 16s took that same wheel.

If you could post the serial number to yours I can see if I have a parts movement that you can have the wheel off of. Also other members might have it. Brian Cavanaugh of this club is where I buy most of my parts. You can reach Brian at pwpartsetc@pwatch.com

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Member 1247
posted
Tom....Thank you for your kind reply,I will get back to you with the actual s.n.,it is near 940,000

Thanks,Mark

Posts: 97 | Location: Virginia in the USA | Registered: May 10, 2009