Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Crystal Replacement "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Can someone walk me through replacing a PW crystal. I have had some that were a perfect fit and did not need glue. I have a couple that are just a fraction smaller and need to be glued. I have tried just using the GS Hypo tip, but it seems to always come out either to fast or slow. Needless to say I **** at it (had to use gooo be gone twice). Can anyone tell me what the trick is... or am I just a dufus when it come to glueing in a crystal..

Bruce

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Bruce,

A thin bead in one continuous circle if at all possible is best. If there is excess, let it set for several minutes and then you can gently scrape it off with something that will not scratch your bezel. You might also have to use something like a dental pick on the inside edge to clean that up. If you do it right it will be very difficult to tell it was glued in.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Roger,
I am going to go without my morning cup of coffee to see if I can put a nice bead on it.. We shall see...

BTW, that verge should get to you today..

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Bruce, I put the bezel in one of those plastic watch holders and turn the bezel holding the glue applicator steady in the other hand. Works better for me this way

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008