• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Howard Series 11 Parts List? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Is there a place to get part number lists for Howard movements? I need to find some parts for a couple of series 11s.

I read some previous discussions and patching a series 11 together from random parts sounds like an iffy proposition. I might just part them out...

Posts: 26 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona in the USA | Registered: April 20, 2010
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Tim,

How complete are they? I normally find around the escape wheel and jewels take the brunt of the damage and are hard to find.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
I have 5, all are missing balance and escape, but nearly everything else is there. I also have three Series 10 in similar condition.

I was hoping to piece together 2 S. 11s and 1 S. 10 from the parts I have.

They didn't take jewels other than those attached to the escape/balance. The condition of the parts seems to be pretty good. No obvious rust/grime/filth.

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Tim,

My parts watches are the same, don’t know why the balances are taken out, I do know you have to be extremely careful removing/reinstalling the “Y” bridge the escape wheel is the first to break

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Is there any place to get the part numbers for a series of watch for Howards? (i.e. Series 11)

Most of the howard parts I see are listed by part number and don't mention the model it applies to.