Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Curb pins "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello,

How tight or loose should the curb pins on the regulator be over the hairspring? I have a watch that dosent seem to respond to the regulator and I and see that the curb pins are about twice as wide as the haipspring is thick and the spring moving back and forth between them. I know they shouldnt snag on the hairspring but.......?
Any input would be appriciated.

Aaron

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...Aaron, it is my understanding that the distance between the regulator pins shud be twice the thickness of the hairspring for a FLAT 'spring and on a Brequet 'spring little or very close tolerance between the spring and pins is recommended...

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
posted
Sorry, I didnt even make it back here to read your responce. I figured that they needed to be somewhat snug like you stated. I have made the adjustment after posting the request for information and it worked.
Thanks again. Wink

Aaron

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002