• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Piping Rock Help...LUGS "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I recently purchased a 1948 Piping Rock and need to try and get some information before I do anything drastic. I was going to go ahead and try to repair this, but figured I better check with the 185 board first. I thought maybe someone else may have had this problem.

The bottom lug is very loose on the watch. If you hold the watch case dial up, the lug actually flips under the watch. When holding it, the lug can actually be moved about 1/16" away from the middle part of the case. It looks to me like there are 2 parts which are kind of folded over to secure the lugs. Is this correct? It looks like those 2 "tabs" are bent up higher, on the one that is loose, than the ones on the top set of lugs. Can these "tabs" be bent back down in order to make the lug tighter? Am I better off to not even try this? I thought with it being solid gold it may be a little pliable as it does not need to go very far at all, but I do not want to ruin the lugs. If it wasnt for this being loose, the watch would be "perfect" the case is in great condition with very minimal surface scratches and enamel and original dial are excellent. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Adam,

Can you post some pictures of the affected area?

Has anyone out there experienced this problem?

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003