Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

rare 3 size american watch co. info "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1954
posted
I am new to this site and fairly new to watch repair and collecting.i have a 1882 Waltham that is a 3 size serial # 1767029.it is the only one that I have ever seen and is very rare.i believe it may have a gold train and gold mounted screw down jewels.i need to find a source for the centre wheel jewel assembly and also a balance staff.any help on this would be appreciated and any other info or values for this would be nice.thanks.Vic

Posts: 203 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 11, 2014
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Victor,

Hello and welcome to our fine club! I'll just go ahead and tell you what everyone else is going to tell you anyway...let's see a picture of this fine little rarity! A movement image might give us a clearer idea of what we're "looking at" and if anyone here can help with the parts you need, I'm sure they will gladly step forward and do so.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
Picture of Brian C.
posted
quote:

Victor, I'd love to see a picture of the movement. I've never seen a 3s Waltham. The serial number in the data base says it's a 3s, model 1873-3, hunter case, 16 jewels. They also list it as 500 made.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002