WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Technical, Shop Talk and Internet Links  Hop To Forums  Watch Repair Questions and Answers    Looking for a competent watchmaker in the San Diego, Orange County or LA Area
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Looking for a competent watchmaker in the San Diego, Orange County or LA Area "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Nathan Semel
posted
Greetings!

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good "trade" (wholesale) watchmaker, for wristwatch (vintage Hamiltons, Gruens, Bulovas and the like) and pocketwatch (Hamilton 992s and the like) cleaning, and repair. Able to restaff, jewel, clean, time, lightly polish, send out the dial and hands if need be, and the like.

Had a few guys in LA, but that was some 20 odd years ago, and they are long gone. Since I am in the San Diego area, that area would be my preference, but Orange County and Los Angeles are acceptable.

Thanks for any recommendations you can make!

Nathan

Posts: 50 | Location: Vista, Calfornia USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Nathan,

I take my watches to Timekeepers in Escondido on Grand Ave. The owners name is Burhan. The watch guy in the back is Bob. Bob is very knowledgeable when it comes to pocket watches and watches in general. I have taken several pocket watches in for repair and have been happy with each.

There are two other shops in our area. One is in Encinitas and is kind of pricey. The other is Ocean Time in Encinitas. I highly recommend Timekeepers!! email me for information on one of the above listed shops Frown

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Nathan Semel
posted
Bruce

Thanks! Just shot off an email to ya!

Nathan

Posts: 50 | Location: Vista, Calfornia USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Vladimir Gelfer
Very reasonable, and near SDSU in the Lake Murray Area.
He is a "Magician" and is beyond "good", he is a master WATCHMAKER!
Apprenticed in Belarus (USSR) 1950 - 65 came to USA After the Iron Curtain fell in 1988
Contact me and I will get you in touch with him.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007