Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Pocket Watch Crystal Replacement "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi,
does anyone know someone who can replace a pocket watch crystal for a reasonable amount? Thanks.

Posts: 94 | Location: Collinsville, Virginia in the USA | Registered: January 01, 2008
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Thomas, do you know what size crystal you need?
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Hi Brian,

Wish I knew what size I needed. I don't have any knowledge of the crystal size nomenclature. Best I can do is measure the bezel. If that'll work let me know.

Best,
Tom O.

Posts: 94 | Location: Collinsville, Virginia in the USA | Registered: January 01, 2008
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hello Tom,

That measurement is critical and there are different measuring systems! Roll Eyes I use a special micrometer caliper to measure the opening precisely and it comes close. Fitting the crystal properly while also avoiding chipping the edge takes experience. Your best bet is to send the bezel so someone like Brian or Chris Abell who both should have the crystals along with the patience and know-how to install them properly.

When you say "reasonable amount" that is of course subjective, but I suggest that having it done right is often more important than having it done for the lowest price.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002