• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

accutron navigator ll "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Does anyone know what batteries will work in the accutron navigator ll. The batteries are larger than a regular accutron watch. The number on the old ones are 625 but I cannot seem to find a replacement. thanks, EEMOORE

Posts: 3 | Location: Columbia, South Carolina USA | Registered: December 01, 2007
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Edward,
WELCOME!!

I have moved your question from the clock section to the watch repair section where I think it will get beter viewing by the right people.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Greetings Edward Moore*,
I don't know the model you are referring to but I have figured out some of the battery issues with Accutrons. The reason that it is not simple is because the original 1.35 V. Mercury replacement batteries became obsolete. Mercury batteries are now banned(good) for environmental reasons.

Original batteries were marketed by Bulova and were marked for either 214 or 218 which corresponded with the caliber of movement in the watch.

I believe the Eveready 344 is a non-mercury replacement for the 343;a mercury replacement equivant offered for several years.

I am not a wiz on accutron at all so you should seek further advice from someone more experienced with these.
-Cort
*I confess that I was compelled to write also because we share the same name! I'm Edward S, Moore IV, but I've been called Cort my whole life; 4th in latin is quartis I'm told.Smile

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
posted
Thanks for your advise. I found a px625 alkaline battery that works but I am waiting to see how long it will last. The regular accutron batery is too small. Anyway, I am looking for a lithium battery that might work which will probably last longer. Glad to see there is another Edwar Moore out there.( my middle intial is E. )

Posts: 3 | Location: Columbia, South Carolina USA | Registered: December 01, 2007