WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •

Closed Topic Closed
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
re: seiko 5 rotor repair, my staking set is mocking me "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Todd Verriere
posted
Administrative note

This came from a separate topic. It is now consolidated into one…

Title: seiko 5 rotor repair question

posted January 13, 2015 22:27

hi everyone. just joined and paid my dues today.
i have a seiko 5 with a loose (sloppy)rotor bearing. can i tighten this up by repunching the rivet holding the assembly together with my staking set? or will this just destroy the bearing?
thanks in advance
Todd

dalarry

hi everyone.so, i asked a question a few days ago about repairing a loose bearing in a seiko 5 rotor. i recently bought a staking set and have never used it and can wait no longer. there is what appears to be a ring type rivet at the center of the rotor holding the bearing together. if i dont get to hit something with this staking tool soon i am going scream. so here goes, i am going to repunch that rivet. wish me luck!
todd

dalarry

Posts: 290 | Location: Montreal in Canada | Registered: January 11, 2015
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Well. did it work or did you scream?

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
Picture of Todd Verriere
posted
hi Patrick, see the post on Jan 26 "how i fixed a loose rotor bearing" let me know what you think, keeping in mind it was my very first use of a staking set.
Todd

dalarry

Posts: 290 | Location: Montreal in Canada | Registered: January 11, 2015
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

We had three separate topics relating to the same issue. For consolidation, this topic is now locked.

Please respond in this topic…

how i fixed a loose rotor bearing. your thoughts?

…in order to keep all related information in one topic.

Dr. Deborah L. Irvine
IHC Administrative Assistant
Membership and Marts Coordinator

Contact eMail: ihc185@roadrunner.com

Smile

Posts: 5225 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002