WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need help: Negative setting arrangement For Elgin PW "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi Does any body have the layout for an Elgin 12s PW ( Grade 303 Model 3 circa 1929)
Don't say it I took it apart and forget the arrangement for reassemble).
Arrangement under the dial.
Thanks in advance.
Mel

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
Picture would help.
Mel

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
IHC Member 1650
posted
Does this help?

Posts: 372 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 17, 2011
posted
Thank you sooo much I will be checking the arrangement later today.
Mel

posted
Thank you Douglas.
That was exactly what I needed.
Not sure what I had wrong, but your picture helped me set it all correctly.
It now sets and winds correctly!
Thanks again.
Mel

Life Member
posted
Just an observation and a suggestion. (This is something I do whenever I encounter a mechanism that is new to me) Before taking anything apart, carefully analyze how it functions, and determine why each piece is made the shape it is. Then, putting it back together is merely a job of figuring out which part has to go where and in what order. That is a piece of advice my father gave me, when at age ten or so, I disassembled the coaster brake on my bicycle, and then could not figure out how to put it back together.

He reassembled it, but did not let me watch, He then told me to take it apart again, paying attention to what each part did.

Posts: 213 | Location: Westminster, Maryland in the USA | Registered: March 02, 2015
posted
Your warning, suggestion, is something I try to do before I take things apart.
Go so far as to even take pictures as i take them apart.
aaaathis was one I thought I knew, and took the short cut (turned out the frustrated cut) to dissassemble.
Will try to remember in the future, Be more disiplined!
Thanks to all.
Mel

Life Member
posted
quote:
aaaathis was one I thought I knew, and took the short cut

Welcome to MY world. LOL

It seems I am better at giving advice than at following it. Smile

Posts: 213 | Location: Westminster, Maryland in the USA | Registered: March 02, 2015