Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Catalog request "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Good morning.

I just had one of my professors call me and ask if I could supply him with the name(s) of companies that sold, and this is a direct quote, 'Jeweled watch bearings'. I'm sure he's just referring to 'jewels' for watch movements, but anyway, he's needing to get hold of print catalogs for companies who are currently in business and can supply hard copy for him to order these for a Institute project he is now involved with.

Any names/information would be MOST appreciated, and will be passed along.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Mark

I think Seitz still makes jewels, I am not sure of their contact info. but Otto Frei still sells them. Perhaps they might have catlogs or something.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Mark, Cas Ker in Cincinnatti has some, not many....
Contact numbers:

Fax: 800-487-5848
Tel: 800-487-0408

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Thank you, gentlemen. Let me know if anyone knows of anymore. I'll pass these along to the professor.

Regards !Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
I don't know if this company offers a print catalog, but they can probably be very helpful.

http://www.birdprecision.com/index.cfm

Posts: 25 | Location: Haines, Alaska in the USA | Registered: January 01, 2008
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Thank you, Patrick!

I've passed these along to the professor, and he just told me that he was able to find exactly what he was needing from these supplied links, so thank you all very much for your help on this request.

Regards! Mark