Peter Kaszubski
watchmaker bench
here is moder spin on watchmaker bench

March 27, 2014, 00:08
Peter Kaszubski
and super modern with screen

March 27, 2014, 00:17
Ken Habeeb
Interesting Peter, except they're both missing that necessary top rim, and the second is short on drawers. Also noticing that they lack a 'catch pullout' underneath center for parts rolling toward you. If a balance bridge screw flies into the keyboard, you'll be cussing. Optionally useful would be Plexiglas walls and roof to catch ICBM missle screws.
Smile

kh
March 27, 2014, 02:20
Paul D. Trombley
And their brethren, the escape springs...
March 27, 2014, 03:18
William D. White
Guys,

The trick is to not let your parts go airborne! Smile It looks like both pieces have a perimeter curb to prevent "rollaways" and I like that both also appear to have adjustable leg height and forearm rests. I worked for years with the standard model that we all know and developed neck and back problems during that time because of the poor ergonomics. A good adjustable seat also helps quite a bit. When you sit and focus for hours on demanding work, good work furniture is a blessing.

But always keep some magnets handy...I did!

William

info@whitescrystals.com
March 27, 2014, 15:27
Patrick Wallin
I like the first one Peter. It don't take much to bond a cherry or oak wood strip around the perimeter. and I would rather wear an apron that you can snap to the bottom of the bench under the lip in front.

As for the second one it's OK too. You just have to invest about $50.00 worth of drawers from garage sales or Office Depot. I like not having to switch desks to use the computer and if the keyboard drawer is in as it should be during non use you should not catch ICBMs. Plus you can always wear an apron to catch them UFOs.
Also William is on the spot.
Where did you find these and are they expensive?
March 27, 2014, 15:54
Peter Kaszubski
here
http://www.watchmakertable.com...0-watchmakers-table/
March 29, 2014, 09:26
Chris Abell
Don't get to excited, these often run several thousand dollars, plus those sucky blowy things you can add another good chunk + a very high dollar pump they require also. You could have a professional make better out of fine hardwood far cheaper.

www.Abellwatchmakers.com
March 30, 2014, 14:11
Patrick Wallin
I found some more in Donald de Carle's 6th edition of Watchmakers and Model Engineer's Lathe, Users manual. Besides some very Beautiful, fully capable lathes you will find the desks starting on p, 196. You will need a towel to view these as you will drool.
This kind of stuff I just automatically pass by as I know I can't afford it. Maybe Bill Gates or Paul Allen, but not me.