Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Dial feet repair "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I have a nice dial that has large indents in the dial feet. The screws will not hold the dial in place and it moves up and down.
I am looking for a way to fill the holes so the screws will contact something and hold the dial in place.
Has anyone used anything such as liquid metal or epoxy to fix a problems as this?
Thanks
Ed

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Ed, I have a box of new copper feet but you would have to solder them on.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Patrick, I do not need new dial feet. The screws have made large holes in the dial feet and now they will not hold the dial tight enough.
Since I have not had any responses with ideas on how to fill the holes I believe I will try epoxy and see how that will work.
Thanks for your response to my request.
Ed

IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Edward, How did it go??

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I am not sure it is going to work Larry. It has been about 5 hours since I put the epoxy on and it is still a little soft. I thought it would harden by now. I will check in the morning, it may be back to the drawing board.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
I wish I could see just how the feet. But I HAVE very carefully pinched then just enough to get the screws to take Edward. More than once. However I am known to take chances that most wouldn't also with these watches.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Well, the epoxy didn't work, it never hardened. Maybe I was using the wrong type?
I thought about trying to pinch the feet, but did not want to alter them. There has to be something out there that will work!

IHC Member 1342
posted
Hi, I wish I had seen this post earlier. Clean the area real well, and try JB Weld. You can use a Jewelers file to shape it when done. Feel free to email me for details if needed.

Marc Micale

Posts: 143 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: September 16, 2009
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Thanks Marc, I will give it a try!

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
The watch is together, the JB Weld worked great.
Thanks Marc

IHC Member 1342
posted
Big Grin
Very good! Cool

Marc Micale

Posts: 143 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: September 16, 2009