Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Loose center wheel jewel "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi,
During disassembly of a 12s Illinois pocket watch the jewel came out when the center wheel was removed. I have the jewel and it looks good, the jewel sits in place well when placed back into the place it should be, but will fall out if turned over. What can be used to attach the jewel back in place so it will not fall out or perhaps spin in place?

Thanks

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Do you have a staking tool set?

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
Not in my possession, but I just got one on Ebay. It just hasnt been shipped.
Also just to clarify, the jewel is not in any metal. Its just the jewel.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
posted
My staking set arrived today. Smile

posted
Since the jewel was loose, not in a holder or collar. I ended up shellacking it into place in the holder and then replacing it into the frame