• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

lock springs in hunter cases "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a 6 sz case a hunter with a broken spring the one that the case closes onto.Any thoughts on removing the spring.I had heard they are held in by screws but i am not sure.

Kevin "Veritas" West
IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Kevin,

Some cases have seperate lift and catch springs. Some have one spring that incorporate both functions. Remove the bezel and look for either one or two tiny screws or pins holding the spring(s) in place.

John D. Duvall
Vice President, Education

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
Hi John, this sz 6 has two springs, i saw a pin or two but how are the pins removed?
Thanks again for your help.
It is the catch spring that is broke, are these hard to come by?

Kevin "Veritas" West
IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

posted
I found the pin you were refering to John, pulled it out with tweezers.Now i am looking for a replacement spring.I am sure i saw some on Uncle Larry,s site.

Kevin "Veritas" West
IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Kevin,

Good luck with finding the correct spring. Sometimes you can find a 6s movement in a bad hunter's case on eBay for under $25.00. If you’re lucky, you will then have a spare movement, bow, stem, sleeve, bezel, crown and latch spring for one money!

Each spring was fitted a differently by each manufacturer. You may never find a spring that will match the hole exactly in your case. You have an option of marking and drilling a new hole in the spring or drill another hole in the case to match the spring hole. The work area will be covered by the bezel anyway.

John D. Duvall
Vice President, Education

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
Thanks John, this is a decent 15 jewel waltham movemnt so i would like to finish it and make it really nice, i hope to post pics when i get it done.
I have learned a few more new things today, fun. Cool Cool Smile Smile

Kevin "Veritas" West
IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada