• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Source For Large "Window Pane" Jewels "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Does anybody know where to find jewels large enough for the upper plates in the early Walthams?

By my measurement they need to .134 diameter with the pivot hole being .015.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 261 | Location: Missouri in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2011
posted
Hi I have some envelopes marked plate jewels 15/130.
These are Seitz.
Is this the size you are looking for?
Mel

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
I think that might work. Are they clear? We have some that are 132 that fit decent but the center is way to small. I am sure 15/130 would be acceptable.

You can email us direct at mountaingoatz@hotmail.com if you want and let us know how many and how much. I check the email frequently through the day.

Posts: 261 | Location: Missouri in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2011
IHC Member 456
posted
Robert, the .134 diameter you are referring to I believe is in inches. A Seitz jewel marked 15/130 is 1.30mm (so 0.0515") in diameter and will be much too small.

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
posted
Mine are definitely in mm.
Mel

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006