WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Technical, Shop Talk and Internet Links  Hop To Forums  Watch Repair Questions and Answers    Assembly technique: winding arbor, clutch wheel, winding pinion, and winding arbor sl
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Assembly technique: winding arbor, clutch wheel, winding pinion, and winding arbor sl "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Tonight I was struggling with assembling the winding arbor, clutch wheel, winding pinion, and winding arbor sleeve for a 0s Elgin pocket/pendant watch, and getting the assembly safely into the pillar plate. I finally used a small mound of Rodico to set the winding arbor upright on my bench; then I slid the other pieces on it. Finally, I carefully plucked the assembled Totem pole up and gently laid it into the pillar plate.
Does anyone else have any techniques for this, or was I just clumsy tonight? Roll Eyes
Thanks,
Pete Belmonte

Posts: 156 | Location: O'Fallon, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: September 03, 2004
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Two sets of tweezers. Probably a #2 and a #3. Or if I'm already wearing them I'll use finger cots for my left hand digits.

Frank "407" Kusumoto

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
posted
Thanks Frank, I tried the two-tweezer method, but I was just to unsteady; I am blaming hunger for that.
Pete

Posts: 156 | Location: O'Fallon, Illinois U.S.A. | Registered: September 03, 2004
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Hi Peter. I would say your use of Rodico to hold the parts in line was a darn good tip.

Best regards,
Greg

Posts: 1983 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002