Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Watch case dings or dimples "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi All,
I have a watch case, (sz 16), with 3 small dimples in it. Having no experience or knowledge of fixing this, (if this is possible)what can be done to remove these dimples ?
Is there a fix that is not too expensive or that gets too involved. Is it something I could do myself & with what tools?
I tried to send a picture, but the glare kind of hid the problem.
Thanks for any you might have.
Don

Posts: 169 | Location: Adrian, Michigan in the USA | Registered: June 09, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Hammer and block kits are sold for banging out dings. I bought one, but could never get the hang of it. So I have used three different persons to remove dings.

The first was Francois at a very fancy jeweler in Los Angeles. He generally did good work, but took forever and charged a great deal.

I then found a very well-known PW collector on the East Coast for whom ding removal was a hobby. He was good, fast, and cheap. But he gave up ding removal and PW watch collecting to become a country music singer.

So, I had to find a new provider. I lucked out, finding a jeweler in my home town, Pasadena California, who is fast, fairly priced, and very good at all manner of case repairs, from ding removal, to replating, to fixing catches, to making bows, to laser welding, etc. His name is Michael. 626-795-5602 valiasjewelers@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
posted
Ethan,
Thanks for your help and the information.
Don

Posts: 169 | Location: Adrian, Michigan in the USA | Registered: June 09, 2011