Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Gruen hi-grade ladies wristwatch "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Does anyone know where I might look for a complete pallet fork assembly for this very old 8-ligne Gruen wristwatch? One fork horn is broken on this one. It is a high-grade movement in an 18K case and I would like to restore it, if possible. Thanks

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Jerry,

Have you tried dashto.com? Will a lower grade watch have the same pallet assembly? I usually end up watching eBay for a parts movements. Sometimes you got to buy 4 or 5 movements to get the one you want. Frown

John D. Duvall
NAWCC Member 144772
NAWCC IHC Happy Camper 192
Chapter 185 Watch Repair Moderator

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Unfortunately, this one seems to be so old (ca.1915?) that I cannot even find a model number for it. Dashto does not appear to have anything like it.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of David Fahrenholz
posted
Charlie Cleves is well versed in Gruens. He is great to deal with and considered an expert. You might try his work number at his store. He may have it or know where to get it. Here is his info:

Charles Cleves
319 Fairfield Ave
Bellevue, KY, 41073-1009
Home Phone (859) 491-0354
Work Phone (859) 261-3636
Fax Machine (859) 261-3637

Viele Grüße

David Fahrenholz
Fahrenholz Clock & Watch
Timeless Service

Posts: 52 | Location: Fishers, Indiana USA | Registered: June 24, 2003