Tools
Reply to Post

Chris Abell, Certified Watchmaker Taking Work. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Please Abellwatchmakers@Gmail.com or telephone (903) 245-6542
I am currently available to take on watch service and repair.

Please also see my web site: Abell Watchmakers

Please update your records Abellwatchmakers@Gmail.com
NOTE as of August 2018 NEW ADDRESS

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Chris has done a lot of work for me over the last few months, and his work is impeccible. I'm constantly amazed at how my watches come back in perfect beat, and I rarely have to tweek any regulator to have my watches keeping absolute railroad standard accuracy.

My most recent return is an 1884 Elgin grade 50 15j convertible pocket watch, and it's giving my 992b and 992e a run for their money in dead on accuracy over a week's time. I have not had to reset my grade 50 since I got it almost 2 weeks ago.Eek

For what it's worth, I HIGHLY recommend Chris Abell to you for watch work. Smile

HIGH regards! Mark

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Chris glad too see you are taking in work there is a big demand for watch repair on the older pieces, I have heard some good comments about your work. Smile

IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Chris I hope you don't mind but I put a link under my "ME" page to you for watch repair. It seems so many ask me if I do repair work and I get tired of telling them no. Maybe this will stop some of those emails and get a little business for you.

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Thanks Mark and Sammie for your kind words and support.

Please address packages to:

Mr. Chris Abell
P.O. BOX 2070
Flint, TX 75762

12-Size Expert
Picture of Robert Schussel
posted
I also had sent Chris some watches and he did a great job. For example a 16 size Howard series O I sent had gray plates and came back looking like new.

He does it right and has quick turn around which I greatly appreciated.

My only complaint is that his English accent doesn't sound totally genuine. Big Grin

Bob

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Thanks Rob,

I try to turn most work around in about 7 days subject to parts.

Chris

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

My Dear Friends,

I can personally attest to the friendliness, competence and fast turn-around of work from Chris Abell. He has handled complex restorations for me as well as simple repairs. The excellence of his workmanship and the reasonableness of his pricing will keep me coming back.

Call him, his accent is cool and I think it's real. Big Grin

Lindell

Wink

posted
Chris did a great job for me and his turnaround time was quick!!! I needed a staff for my watch made by the Philadelphia Watch Co. and I could not find a staff available anywhere so Chris turned a staff, fitted it and did an outstanding job on my watch!!!!

Thanks Chris!!!

Rob

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I emailed Lindell some before/after photos of a KW 18s Illinois, and my Waltham model 1883 before he went to Dearborn so you can see what Chris started out to work on, and what I ended up with.

Hopefully Lin will get time in the near future to post those here to show the kind of work Chris is capable of. Smile

Regards! Mark

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Here you go Mark.

CLICK FOR: "Chris Abell will make it well..."

Wink

Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Well, I'm a believer in Chris’ work. I just received back my Hamilton 950 and what a change! Chris did a super job and I had it back within two weeks (between Texas and Canada). Money well spent. Chris, you have my vote! Keep up the great work!
gp

Grant Perry

posted
Chris is the greatest!

I have an old Elgin 17 Jewel pocket watch that belonged to my Father who passed away in 1966. I had never seen this watch run. My Mother had attempted to have it repaired, but it came back in worse shape. I had given up on ever seeing this watch run, until I saw this thread on this board. I contacted Chris and he took a look at the watch for me. He confirmed that there was a lot of damage to this watch, but said it could be repaired.

Today I got the watch back! WOW! It looks and runs great!

Thank you Chris!

Brad

Elgin Pocket Watch

Picture of Joel W. Sarich
posted
Chris did a wonderful job on my Ball-Hamilton 999B. The watch looks and runs great. His turnaround time is super! It was money well spent! Thank you, Chris, for a "job well done!" We need good watchmakers around!
Cheers!
Joel

posted
Dear Chris, Recently I sent a couple of watches to you for repair. These were Ebay purchases and frankly, I didn't have much hope. Imagine my surprise when you returned these watches, both in terrific running condition. You may imagine how one must feels to discover his great bargain is little more than a patched up parts watch. Your efforts have exceeded my expectations in every way. I can't thank you enough and you have my very best wishes for your continued success. Mike

posted
I agree with Mike wholeheartedly!!! I sent Chris my great Uncle's watch that was a real disaster!!! It held a very strong sentimental value since I remember taking it out of my mother's jewelry box as a kid and being fascinated by it. It really was the watch that peeked my interest as a child and returned me to the hobby. Unfortunately I must have been harder on in than I recall Big Grin but i sent it to Chris and had him do a restoration on it. I really wasn't sure it could be repaired and so i didn't know what to expect. Well i have received it back and I now have a real understanding of what a professional can do because it looks like new, the dial is perfect and the movement looks like the day it was purchased!!! I really cannot believe how nice it looks, I can't wait to show my mother (it was her Uncle's watch) I am sure it will bring a tear to her eye. The best part was the price Chris is a tribute to his profession for sure.

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
ENDING Sunday 7th, Sante Fe Special HC in our members only auction section.

posted
Just in case anyone missed my posting in the wristwatch forum, I have to add something here. Chris did an amazing job with not much to work with. I am totally thrilled to be able to post these pictures twice.

posted
...and the second picture.

posted
All of the gushing that everyone is doing for Chris is COMPLETELY warranted!! I am totally and entirely thrilled with my end result. As I'm guessing you can tell from the pictures! Big Grin
Thank you Chris. This was my grandfathers watch, and I think my mom will probably cry when she sees it.
Thanks again!!!

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Thanks once again, so good to know my efforts are appreciated

Don’t forget to keep checking my for sale web page I am always adding watches and items I have shown in the past here on 185.

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I would like to add to the list, my appreciation for Chris Abell's incredable work. He brought an old wrist watch back to life, and dressed it in some fancy duds. My wife thought I had purchased a new watch.

Thanks Chris!