Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

992B Model 2 bow (Correction: Model 10 Bow) "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Looking for a bow for a Hamilton 992B Model 2
My e-mail is: MMCKUSICK@HOTMAIL.COM

Posts: 60 | Location: Pepperell, Massachusetts USA | Registered: January 11, 2008
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Welcome to IHC 185 Mac.

Just a suggestion, you also might want to list this in the IHC185 Mart, under items wanted to buy.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Mac, I placed a link in the "Items wanted" forum for you. Smile

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Hi Mac, Welcome to 185, I have a model 2 Case with a good bow, crown, body and front bezel. Some barbarian (who had the watch before I got it) cut off the "bar", and tried to erase the engraving on the back, so that leaves the back cover and the missing bar the "only" defects with this. As these parts are quite valuable, and as I am a collector, I suggest that we do some kind of a trade rather than you just "buying" this. E-mail me at david@glopar.com with how you want to get in touch. Smile

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
btw, I put in the paperclip in loosely only to retain the crown and keep the bow from suffering further damage

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
While the front crystal and bezel look very good, what was done to the back cover engraving is a sacrilege!

Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
Hi Mac and David, Have both of you resolved your case issues. If not I think I can help. Let me know.

Posts: 296 | Location: Livingston, Tennessee USA | Registered: May 20, 2006
posted
After more research I found out my Hamilton is a Model 10. Someone put a Model 2 bow on it - they cut a Model 2 bow and soldered it back together to fit. Attached is a proper picture of how it should look. So- I'm looking for a MODEL 10 bow it seems.

Model 10 face

Posts: 60 | Location: Pepperell, Massachusetts USA | Registered: January 11, 2008
posted
To Leon Harris.
All help is appreciated. Check my last post. I found out my case is a Model # 10 -see picture.
My e-mail is: MMCKUSICK@HOTMAIL.COM
Thanks,
Mac

Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
Hi Mac, I did get your email. I will look and see what condition my model #10 bow is in (parts case) and let you know. Hope I can help.

Posts: 296 | Location: Livingston, Tennessee USA | Registered: May 20, 2006