WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Is there a link for Hamilton Dials and there dates. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
I'm looking for a link to date dials or a good reference book. Thanks

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
There's fragmentary dial information in Shugart. I think you'll find the most dial information, mostly derived from old watch advertising, right here at IHC185.

However, we haven't got a handy dandy table that lists all the dates for everything, not yet anyway. We are moving in that direction for some of the factory-cased railroad watches, but we still have a way to go.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
I should of posted photos first. The movement is #1001568 and the dial is a DS mongomery with 5 min marks Red Numbers. And Hamilton in cursive. The dial looks like dial In the case model #5 in the Gilbert, Shugart price guide. But Hamilton in cursive. I,m guessing this is the book you are talking about.

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Eugene, there is a good link that has dates that will tie in Hamilton Cases with photos, Lin adds the dates for each and then Mitch adds the dials...Here it is.... Identify Your Hamilton 992 Series Factory Case....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Eugene,

Here's another link that will get you in the ball park by dating the signature. Hamilton Railroad Porcelain Dials According to the information the dial signature is about 1905-1918. I looked up your movement # and it looks like there may be a misprint in the Gelson list as your # is missing. Perhaps it's a 972 made around 1913?

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Thank You Richard This is a great link. I believe that the dial is correct for the year of the movement. The movement is marked 992 and the serial # is correct what do you think misprint in the data base. I can not take the movement apart till I get back home. To check #'s on the inside of the movement.

IHC Life Member
posted
This photo shows the serial #

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Eugene,

I'm glad the link is helpful. There's no need to take the movement apart. I looked up your serial # on the Gelson list and it's missing. The serial # is listed in Hamilton Watch Materials 1951 as a 992 so I just didn't look at enough sources. I agree the dial is correct for the movement also.

It would be nice to have a reference source for the various 992 and 992B dials. Presently I'm gathering information on the dials and am learning more and more. The dial on the #5 in the price guide is a 581. I'm not sure if your dial is the same # because of the different Hamilton signature.

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
The reference I have shows the dial as a #258, with the script Hamilton.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Richard, here is a link that shows the association of Movements, Cases & Dials with a few photos of the Cases and Dials....It does need more dial photos and maybe we can get others to post dials with appropriate names & numbers....

Hamilton 992 & 992B Cases & Dials

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008