Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Wadsworth on my 992B ?? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Hi,
I was looking at my 992b and the case number in the back is not in line with the list that you have. Am I looking at the same numbers that you are. The pictures are following.

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Next

Bill Carlson

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
The case.

Bill Carlson

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Bill, I don't believe it is a Wadworth Case....

Probably a Keystone, from the number on it....see this post by Lindell in the Pocket Watch Forum....

Hamilton 992B Collectors, Read Carefully!

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Thanks Jerry,
I was looking at the list that Linn had posted and thats what made me start looking.
It must be a Keystone like you said.

Bill Carlson

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Definitely a Keystone by looking at the symbol between the "10" and the "K" letter.

Here is a link about the "Keystone" and other interesting facts about the Keystone State which is Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania

The "Keystone" Symbol

Posts: 5203 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Gee Bill, it could get noisy around here if I don't agree with Debbie, but as usual Smile she is right.

Your case is indeed a Keystone, known as the Made for Hamilton Model 11 which debuted in 1940 along with 992B introduction. Through 1948 these cases had the "high shoulders" as yours has. From 1949-on the shoulders were gone, part of making the case more compact and modern looking. And now the specifics, your movement number C128504 dates to 1945-46 production according to our Projected Hamilton 992B Movement Numbers and so does your case. Keystone number K065221 is in perfect harmony with boxed sets that have surfaced featuring movements from that same time-frame. For that reason your movement and case most likely are an original combination.

The hands and dial are correct for that era as well, it all looks right to me.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002