Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My lucky day! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1614
posted
I was at the local "buying scrap gold" place today, scrapping some of my wife's unused jewelry and I asked him if he had any old pocket watches he wanted to sell. He pulls out this 992b and says "how bout this?" I offered $150 and he says "nah too much give me $100!" Couldn't believe it! I never get this lucky; maybe I should buy a lottery ticket today! Can anyone tell me what the numbers 0E-11109 on the back mean?

Bill

Posts: 160 | Location: Northeast Ohio in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1614
posted

Bill

Posts: 160 | Location: Northeast Ohio in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1614
posted

Bill

IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
You sure did good that is a military model to boot in original case. Nice Find

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Nice find William!

The numbers on the back of the case typically include such things as the military part number and military contract number.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004