Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

"Last Hamilton Catalog with Railroad Watches" "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
What was the last year that Hamilton published catalog with "Railroad Watches"? If someone has an image, would they mind posting! Thanks in advance.

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
posted
Our own Dr. Bill Hansen made some photocopies of many Hamilton catalogs recently.

The 'newest' one is from 1966-67 , but I believe Hamilton mentioned them in all catalogs until the end

Here is the page...

posted
Terry,
Thanks, this is an excellent reference.

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
(As a new member I'm still digging through old threads, so I'm jumping in very late.)

The last reference I can find in Hamilton's catalogs was 1971. Presumably after that all existing inventory was depleted so none appear in 1972 or afterward.

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
posted
Hello René,
Welcome to IHC 185, and thanks for sharing the catalog images of the Hamilton Model #15 and #17 with different dial combinations. Looks like these two models were the last to be offered.

Lindell will be posting several Hamilton "Railroad Watch" catalog pages in the near future. This will really be great for the Hamilton collectors.

Thanks,
Robert

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Thanks René,

Your 1971 listing bears out the evidence of examples we're finding. Looks like the last watches were in number 15 and 17 cases only. The highest known production number is in a 15 by the way.

Dr. Bill Hansen's first generation photocopies were presented to Chapter 185 as a very generous donation. Next step is scanning the Railroad Watch pages and making them freely available.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks Rene,

I have access to a watch that has its packing slip to the jeweler dated November 1971.... believe I have posted it before.