Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 992B running time "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
I know there has been discussions about how long a 992B will run on a complete wind. I have always said over 50 hours. Well I decided to check an early model that I have on right now. I wound it at 11:30 AM Thursday. Here it is 6:30 PM Saturday and it is still running! 55 HOURS!!

The first full two days it was 3 seconds fast. It is losing a little time now, but still running. Smile

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
posted
Larry,

Here is the Hamilton factory Dynavar mainspring which delivers those amazing run times for the 992B, 950B and 4992B's.

Rob
www.pocketwatchrepairs.net

Posts: 580 | Location: Kingsport, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: November 26, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
That's neat Rob. I can't remember who I got mine from here, but they came in a little different packaging. I bought so many that one bunch was stapled to a 3X5 card.

This one stopped at 57 hours 14 minutes, and 50 seconds running time.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010