• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 992B model 14 question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all-was the Hamilton 992B nickel-chrome model 14 case (from 1949-50) marked Hamilton Watch Co. inside the case back or was the back simply marked with the case maker's stamp Keystone Watch Case Co. ?

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
I'll let you know as soon as i find my 992B in a Case 14, which is eluding me at the moment.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
posted
It's marked Hamilton Watch Co. inside the back cover.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Here is a picture I had of the inside of a Model 14 case back. It's not very good but it gives an idea of what it looks like.

First time to post picture, hope it works.

J. C. Petty

Model 14 Case inside back

Posts: 25 | Location: Dallas, Texas in the USA | Registered: February 24, 2009
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
posted
That's just like mine.

Best Regards,

Ed

IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
HI

Is this model #14 case hard to find? What grade watch would have come in this case?

Thanks
Keith

Posts: 854 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
posted
Yes it was only made for a few years in the late 40's, so it is somewhat scarce. It was used for 992B's.

Best Regards,

Ed