Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 23 jewel digital model "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
I acquired a 12 size Hamilton 23 jewel 920. It is a digital model and I wondered if anyone had any info about a 23 jewel digital or "secometer" model? I understand that Hamilton only produced a 17 jewel version and I assume this was done as a jewelers modification. However it looks great and I acquired it from a knowledgeable friend and collector who got it from the family of the original owner. It was purchased new at a jewelers but again maybe the jeweler did it for a buyer who wanted it Did Hamilton offer factory modifications?

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Deacon,

Here's a page from 1930 that says the newly introduced Secometer was available on any 912.

Hamilton 1930 Page 2.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Below is a page from a 1931 sales manual that states the Secometer could be included on any of the watches on the page which includes the 23 jewel 922.

RR

1931 Hamilton sales manual Page 4

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
I cannot comment on whether Hamilton did factory modifications, but I have a solid gold 904 and used to have a ygf 918 with digital seconds. The 918 I used to own is shown below.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
The solid gold 904 I presently own is shown below.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
My thanks to all who posted. I wonder why the 917 digital is a separate listing in the big book but there is no separate listing for the other digitals? It is a very fine watch and for me a keeper.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009