Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Please help me identify my father's watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all, first post.

I have a Hamilton Pocket watch circa 1935-1940 that was my father's - his name is engraved on the back. I've been keeping it wound for a the last week and it keeps accurate time. It has a gold Wadsworth case (H112896) and numerals and a double case enclosure that prevents me from seeing the movement. It is not a railway model. I have attached photos.

Thanks for any help...

front, back, inside case

Posts: 4 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: November 16, 2013
IHC Member 1357
posted
David the watch appears to be a 12s. but it is impossible to tell you much more than that without seeing the movement.You have the rear cover open the curvette or remaining cover should open the same way as the rear cover did.Holding in left hand looking at the cover just to the right of the stem should be a area where you can insert your thumbnail or the edge of a case knife and gently pry to open the cover.Don't cut yourself. Then post pic. of Movement.
Regards
Roger

Posts: 4088 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
Roger,

I don't find a slot like you describe. See pic. Could the cover screw off?

closup of case near stem

posted
One more note. I can remove the crystal using my thumbnail, though there's no obvious slot.

posted
Roger,

You were right, though there was no slot. Managed to get a purchase with my thumbnail, and voila.

Hamilton 917
17 Jewels
Adjusted 3 Positions

U.S.A
X29266

IHC Member 1357
posted
According to the database it is a 10 size,17 jewels,grade 917,mfd. in 1937,Adj.3 positions.Value $50.00 $75.00 $150.00.
Regards
Roger

Posts: 4088 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010