Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

16s.Hamilton Dial...Number? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1357
posted
I have a Hamilton Railway Special melamine dial
that doesn't match the others in my research on this site. It looks like the #168 but with a difference in the seconds track,the hash marks by the numbers appear to be smaller and the numbers are not as bold as they are on the 168.It is not on a movement.Came with a lot I got off the bay. Any help appreciated.
Roger

Dial# 168

Dial 168

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1357
posted
Need a # for this dial

w

IHC Member 1357
posted
Black dial back

q

IHC Member 1357
posted
Think I solved the case this looks like a Dial I
found in the 992B's in brown boxes section.Apparently no number assigned to this dial,
referred to as MHGSS.

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Roger,

A single sunk melamine Heavy Gothic RWS is a number 168. There are minor subtle differences amongst dials such as you’re noticing but the differences are not enough to warrant classifying it as something else. The major features of the dial (MHGSS) are it is made from Melamine, has Heavy Gothic numerals, and is Single Sunk. The variance in the seconds bit is more of a manufacturing tolerance than a distinguishing feature thus your dial is accurately referenced as a number 168.

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Member 1357
posted
Thanks Richard I appreciate the reply.
Regards
Roger