WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

UTK on Watch Dial and Universal Time Keeper on Movement... "Click" to Login or Register 
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

UTK on Watch Dial and Universal Time Keeper om Movement...

We have a question about this watch, from a Jeweler in Nashville, Tennessee.

Here is a previous comment on IHC185 from Gerald Zimmermann about a similar watch...

"Universal Timekeeper was a trademark of Schwob Freres (brothers), La Chaux-de Fonds swiss. Sometimes they marked with 'Universal Timekeeper' in a circle and SF in the center, about 1880 and that Schwob Frere also made 'New Haven Watch Co' and 'Meriden watch Co Meriden Conn.' watches. I think they are filed as 'swiss fakes'. From my point of view swiss made watches for the American market. Today they call it globalisation. Schwob freres became part of Cyma in 1902."

Here is the U.T.K. marked dial...

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
Administrative Assistant
posted

"Universal Time Keeper" 502227 movement...

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
The uncut balance wheel with evenly spaced balance screws shouts Swiss Fake to me.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
Administrative Assistant
posted

This one appears to have nickeled plates wheres another IHC185 Topic shows gilded brass plates...

CLICK FOR: Anyone ever come across "Universal Time Keeper"?

That one has the same tell-tale solid balance and essentially non-functioning balance screws.

Smile

posted
The unit i recieve this week, not KW thou like Debbies

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
back

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010