WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help identifying this fine movement V&C? Patek? ??? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello Group,
I need help with this fine movement. Who is the maker? Also, how many jewels might it have? This movement is wonderful & has to be by a high end Swiss company. It is marked John W. Tyler, Chicago Illinois, adjusted & Switzerland. What say you? Thanks, Jim

Posts: 273 | Location: New York in the USA | Registered: May 28, 2008
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
I see the presence of wolf's teeth winders and that the Swans neck? regulator spring is missing but otherwise a lovely movement

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Looks like a Meylan Movement. 17 jewel.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
I think it is a Meylan or possibly a Brandt/Omega? I seem to recall seeing a Brandt that came from Winnipeg and was like yours.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
I collect C.H. Meylans. I've never seen one like this. Although i am skeptical that this is a C.H. Meylan, it made such varied movements, I suppose it might be a C.H. Meylan.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
I would defer to Ethan since he collects Meylans. Maybe a Brandt but if anyone else has an idea it would be nice to hear from them. It is a very nice movement.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Of my 3-dozen C.H. Meylans, none has this damascening, none have a right angle escape wheel bridge, and only one has wolf tooth winding gears. That's why I don't think this is a Meylan.

I have looked over the other Swiss makers I collect to see if any seem likely to be the maker, but I saw nothing that seemed to be a match. The closest was V&C #332,577 with similar damascening, wolf tooth winding, but without the right angle escape weel bridge.

I don't collect Agassiz, but I am guessing that's what this watch is.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005