WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  European Pocket Watch Forum    Need Help Identifying This Watch! Possible Louis Audemars ebauche?
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need Help Identifying This Watch! Possible Louis Audemars ebauche? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked up this watch the other day as a part of a lot of American pocket watches. It is without a doubt the prettiest watch I think I have ever seen. I know very little about Swiss watches, but the movement resembles an IWC in some of my books? The display-back case with snap-on bezel and back is unlike anything else I have seen. Pendent wind and pin set, but also has wind and set arbors on the movement.

Eric Wells

Posts: 137 | Location: Merrimack, New Hampshire in the USA | Registered: December 18, 2012
posted
The case

Eric Wells

Posts: 137 | Location: Merrimack, New Hampshire in the USA | Registered: December 18, 2012
posted
Dial

Eric Wells

posted
Movement 1

Eric Wells

posted
Movement 2

Eric Wells

posted
Case

Eric Wells

posted
The "display" back

Eric Wells

IHC Member 1736
posted
Can't help you on the who... but will say, it is nice that it is an inline pallet fork escapement rather than a cylinder... and if I'm reading the pictures correctly... wolf tooth winding and click wheels are really cool.

Hardened Bruegette overcoil makes it a later model... and, that balance wheel is huge! I can't quite make out if the balance is cut all the way through... but it looks like it is a temp compensated bimetalic balance and 19 or 21 jewels... with the pallet and escaped capped.

Nice!

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
It's not an IWC, but it might be a Louis Audemars or be based on a Louis Audemars ebauche.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
posted
Yes, the balance is cut all the way through, and the wolf tooth wheels are very cool.

Eric Wells

IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Eric,

It's nice. If you ever want new crystals front/back, give me a shout.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
Thanks, William. Will do. I have three or four other watches right now that will benefit from your craftsmanship.

Eric Wells