WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

6s movement Ferguson and Page St.John, New Brunswick info wanted "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
6s movement Ferguson and Page St.John,NB info wanted

signed Ferguson and Page to the movement serial #125629 and Ferguson and Page to the dial ,just wondering who made it,it is in a GF display case,running, and my knife appears not sharp enough to open the case,but it is a lovely 17j movement jeweled to the center wheel . Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Hi Tom

Private label watch for Ferguson and Page; Saint John; New Brunswick; Canada

ca 1900

The movement ( sometimes called 'pistol caliber' from the shape of the two windind bridges and was first used by Patek Philippe), is another wide spread swiss movement of that times and there could be some makers.
Without any markings and from the bit blurry picture i would think this example was made by Agassiz.

A nice watch (at the time it was made and in the small size it could be named high level) that well deserves sitting in a display case.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
thank you Gerald ,and I've got a bit better picture up now Wink

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Tom:

Peter Stammler IHC member from Sweden posted his Longines 16 size Ferguson and Page private-label with this 24-hour dial on my Canadian Private Label thread a few years ago.

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Longines 19 jewel Express Leader movement marked Ferguson and Page St. John, New Brunswick, where they were evidently CPR watch inspectors

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002